Gold pendant with an openwork entrelac design from the drawing board of Archibald Knox and dating from circa 1905. Set with a central blister pearl drop and with a turquoise matrix lower drop, this pendant…
Ornately framed oil on canvas by the German born artist Dietz Edzard (1893-1963). This is an atmospheric half length portrait of an elegantly dressed young woman taking refreshment whilst seated on a verandah raised above…
Little cabinet vase from Loetz in opaque ‘Candia’ glass with a trefoil rim, further decorated with an applied Art Nouveau ‘Silberiris’ design in pure silver. Loetz collaborated with a company in the US known as…
Pewter flower dish from WMF with the original green cut glass removable liner. So Art Nouveau, with its flowing outline, featuring an openwork whiplash design framing leaves and berries of ivy. Originally electro-plated but most…
Tel: +44 (0)7802 872363
Silver and Enamel Art Nouveau Pendant*
Art Nouveau silver and enamel pendant hallmarked at Birmingham for the year 1908.
With an attractive design of interlocked silver outlines which divide the four individual areas, each of which are enamelled in a mix of shades against a textured, ‘bobbled’ background.
Three heart-shaped leaves, their partly concealed stems spreading from the centre, add further detail placed around the edge of the circular blue enamelled background.
Finished at the foot with a little baroque pearl drop and measuring 5 cms. long including this and the bale.
The pendant is impressed on the back with the maker’s mark A & B which we believe to be that of Arthur John Abrahall and John William Bint whose workshops were in Frederick Street, Birmingham in the early 1900’s.
The silver necklace chain measures approximately 41 cms. in length.