Gold pendant with an openwork entrelac design from the drawing board of Archibald Knox and dating from circa 1905. Set with a central blister pearl drop and with a turquoise matrix lower drop, this pendant…
Ornately framed oil on canvas by the German born artist Dietz Edzard (1893-1963). This is an atmospheric half length portrait of an elegantly dressed young woman taking refreshment whilst seated on a verandah raised above…
Little cabinet vase from Loetz in opaque ‘Candia’ glass with a trefoil rim, further decorated with an applied Art Nouveau ‘Silberiris’ design in pure silver. Loetz collaborated with a company in the US known as…
Pewter flower dish from WMF with the original green cut glass removable liner. So Art Nouveau, with its flowing outline, featuring an openwork whiplash design framing leaves and berries of ivy. Originally electro-plated but most…
Tel: +44 (0)7802 872363
Longuard attr. to The Artificers’ Guild
Very lovely doubled silver longuard chain detailed with gold highlights and set at intervals with blue ceramic stones that are probably by Ruskin.
The stones are set in ones and twos varying in size, some circular and others oval.
Quite beautifully made, even extending to the fastener, with the accepting ring for the toggle having little gold balls all around the rim.
No maker’s mark but firmly attributed to the Artificers’ Guild as it is so typical of their work in all of its craftsmanship and design detail.
Early 1900’s and with a length of 151 cms.
Presented in its original fitted, velvet lined box bearing the name and London address of Editions Graphiques Gallery, which was owned by the late highly respected author and art dealer Victor Arwas.