Gold pendant with an openwork entrelac design from the drawing board of Archibald Knox and dating from circa 1905. Set with a central blister pearl drop and with a turquoise matrix lower drop, this pendant…
Ornately framed oil on canvas by the German born artist Dietz Edzard (1893-1963). This is an atmospheric half length portrait of an elegantly dressed young woman taking refreshment whilst seated on a verandah raised above…
Little cabinet vase from Loetz in opaque ‘Candia’ glass with a trefoil rim, further decorated with an applied Art Nouveau ‘Silberiris’ design in pure silver. Loetz collaborated with a company in the US known as…
Pewter flower dish from WMF with the original green cut glass removable liner. So Art Nouveau, with its flowing outline, featuring an openwork whiplash design framing leaves and berries of ivy. Originally electro-plated but most…
Tel: +44 (0)7802 872363
KSIA Pair of Vases*
Matching pair of small, partially silver plated copper vases made at the Keswick School of Industrial Arts, which was established in the Lake District in 1894.
With a hand hammered finish and each decorated with four stylised tulips. These were either left unplated so that the copper colour was highlighted, or perhaps the plating on the flowers has worn away over the years. Either way it lends them a most attractive apppearance.
Raised off a good solid base and slightly flared at the rim, they stand a little over 11.5 cm high, with a diameter at the rim of approximately 5.5 cm.
Marked on the underside KSIA.