Archibald Knox Gold Pendant for Liberty
Gold pendant with an openwork entrelac design from the drawing board of Archibald Knox and dating from circa 1905. Set with a central blister pearl drop and with a turquoise matrix lower drop, this pendant…
‘Lady on The Seine’ by Dietz Edzard*
Ornately framed oil on canvas by the German born artist Dietz Edzard (1893-1963). This is an atmospheric half length portrait of an elegantly dressed young woman taking refreshment whilst seated on a verandah raised above…
Loetz ‘Candia’ Vase with Silver Overlay
Little cabinet vase from Loetz in opaque ‘Candia’ glass with a trefoil rim, further decorated with an applied Art Nouveau ‘Silberiris’ design in pure silver. Loetz collaborated with a company in the US known as…
WMF Flower Dish
Pewter flower dish from WMF with the original green cut glass removable liner. So Art Nouveau, with its flowing outline, featuring an openwork whiplash design framing leaves and berries of ivy. Originally electro-plated but most…
Tel: +44 (0)7802 872363
French Art Deco Marquetry Lamp
This is a craftsman made wooden ‘mushroom’ table lamp with marquetry and inlay work of a very high standard.
The lamp base is in two sections, both with four sides. The lower part is pyramid shaped with each face depicting a different rural or waterside scene. The upper section tapers towards the top and again shows four scenic pictures of trees.
The side of the base is banded with a dental pattern inlay, a pattern which was popular on certain furniture in the 20’s and 30’s.
The solid wooden shade is intriguing, with its oyster pattern repeating all around the circumference, apparently having been fashioned from a single piece of wood. Being solid, it doesn’t allow much light to escape, most of the it being directed downwards. The resulting effect is that of a mood lamp rather than a lamp that emits light to read by.
Mushroom shaped lamps were considered extremely elegant in the early 1900’s and many were made in glass. This is the first one we’ve come acroos in wood.
Made in the 1920’s and rewired recently.