Archibald Knox Gold Pendant for Liberty
Gold pendant with an openwork entrelac design from the drawing board of Archibald Knox and dating from circa 1905. Set with a central blister pearl drop and with a turquoise matrix lower drop, this pendant…
‘Lady on The Seine’ by Dietz Edzard*
Ornately framed oil on canvas by the German born artist Dietz Edzard (1893-1963). This is an atmospheric half length portrait of an elegantly dressed young woman taking refreshment whilst seated on a verandah raised above…
Loetz ‘Candia’ Vase with Silver Overlay
Little cabinet vase from Loetz in opaque ‘Candia’ glass with a trefoil rim, further decorated with an applied Art Nouveau ‘Silberiris’ design in pure silver. Loetz collaborated with a company in the US known as…
WMF Flower Dish
Pewter flower dish from WMF with the original green cut glass removable liner. So Art Nouveau, with its flowing outline, featuring an openwork whiplash design framing leaves and berries of ivy. Originally electro-plated but most…
Tel: +44 (0)7802 872363
Bernard Instone Large Silver & Citrine Pendant
Super pendant that, although unsigned, is firmly attributed to Bernard Instone, exhibiting as it does all the hallmarks of his work.
A large spray of typical Instone leaves descends in a fan shape from the bale, partially covering the top edge of a very fine and well coloured circular citrine.
This leafy design is also on the back of the pendant, attaching to the ring-shaped mount which houses the citrine.
The stone is faceted on both sides, the face with a flat table in the centre surrounded by a crown of small diamond shaped facets and the back extending into a point, sometimes known as a pointed culet.
These days it would be difficult to find a citrine of this size and quality and, should one be found it would certainly be very expensive to buy.
Length including the ring attached to the bale is 6 cm. There is no clasp on the 68 cm long chain, it simply fits over the head.
Supplied in the original fitted, velvet lined box by the jewellers L.S. Mallory of Fenchurch Street, London.