Gold pendant with an openwork entrelac design from the drawing board of Archibald Knox and dating from circa 1905. Set with a central blister pearl drop and with a turquoise matrix lower drop, this pendant…
Ornately framed oil on canvas by the German born artist Dietz Edzard (1893-1963). This is an atmospheric half length portrait of an elegantly dressed young woman taking refreshment whilst seated on a verandah raised above…
Little cabinet vase from Loetz in opaque ‘Candia’ glass with a trefoil rim, further decorated with an applied Art Nouveau ‘Silberiris’ design in pure silver. Loetz collaborated with a company in the US known as…
Pewter flower dish from WMF with the original green cut glass removable liner. So Art Nouveau, with its flowing outline, featuring an openwork whiplash design framing leaves and berries of ivy. Originally electro-plated but most…
Tel: +44 (0)7802 872363
Art Nouveau Pendant Necklace by Marples & Beasley
Delightfully pretty Art Nouveau silver and enamel pendant necklace made by the jewellers and medallists Marples & Beasley whose workshops were in Albion Street, Birmingham.
Approximately circular in outline and with a detail of five blue enamelled heart-shaped leaves with long sinuous stems picked out in silver.
Connected to the necklace chain by two ornate spacers, enamelled in the same shade of blue and finished with a delicate drop with little dots picked out in the same colour.
Unusually, the hallmark and maker’s mark are impressed on the face of the pendant, with the back showing the reverse detail of the leafy design.
The Birmingham hallmark dates this pendant to 1908.
5.5 cm in length from the side attachments to the bottom of the drop, with the necklace measuring 41 cm when opened out.