Gold pendant with an openwork entrelac design from the drawing board of Archibald Knox and dating from circa 1905. Set with a central blister pearl drop and with a turquoise matrix lower drop, this pendant…
Ornately framed oil on canvas by the German born artist Dietz Edzard (1893-1963). This is an atmospheric half length portrait of an elegantly dressed young woman taking refreshment whilst seated on a verandah raised above…
Little cabinet vase from Loetz in opaque ‘Candia’ glass with a trefoil rim, further decorated with an applied Art Nouveau ‘Silberiris’ design in pure silver. Loetz collaborated with a company in the US known as…
Pewter flower dish from WMF with the original green cut glass removable liner. So Art Nouveau, with its flowing outline, featuring an openwork whiplash design framing leaves and berries of ivy. Originally electro-plated but most…
Tel: +44 (0)7802 872363
Art Nouveau Gold, Turquoise and Pearl Pendant*
Quite delightful Art Nouveau 14 ct. gold pendant necklace made by the American jewellery craftsmen Bippart, Griscom & Osborn in the very early 1900’s.
With a real organic Art Nouveau look, the sinuous green enamelled leaves enclosing a central turquoise matrix cabochon. Three freshwater pearls depict the flowers emerging from between the leaves, the uppermost one showing a further detail of three tiny seed pearls set in gold.
The pendant is suspended on two short lengths of chain from a ring which connects to the necklace chain, and at the foot hangs another pearl forming the drop.
Marked 14 ct. on the back and also with the maker’s mark and measuring 6 cm long from the central ring to the bottom of the drop. The remainder of the 9 ct. gold necklace chain has a length of 45 cm.