Gold pendant with an openwork entrelac design from the drawing board of Archibald Knox and dating from circa 1905. Set with a central blister pearl drop and with a turquoise matrix lower drop, this pendant…
Ornately framed oil on canvas by the German born artist Dietz Edzard (1893-1963). This is an atmospheric half length portrait of an elegantly dressed young woman taking refreshment whilst seated on a verandah raised above…
Little cabinet vase from Loetz in opaque ‘Candia’ glass with a trefoil rim, further decorated with an applied Art Nouveau ‘Silberiris’ design in pure silver. Loetz collaborated with a company in the US known as…
Pewter flower dish from WMF with the original green cut glass removable liner. So Art Nouveau, with its flowing outline, featuring an openwork whiplash design framing leaves and berries of ivy. Originally electro-plated but most…
Tel: +44 (0)7802 872363
Necklace attr. to The Guild of Handicraft
English Arts & Crafts silver pendant necklace crafted with two distinct component parts, each set with a dark turquoise matrix cabochon in its centre.
An openwork look with scrolling silver wirework decorated with little set mother-of-pearl details and two faceted citrines, one forming the drop at the foot of the top section and the other set immediately below the turquoise stone in the lower part.
Two short lengths of chain separate the main components which are suspended from the bale on another pair of chains.
Unmarked but with a definite Guild of Handicraft look and dating from the very early 1900's.
Supplied in the original box from the Haymarket Stores, London SW1 in which it was acquired by us.
The pendant, including the bale, has a length of 7 cm and the necklace chain measures 39.5 cm.