Gold pendant with an openwork entrelac design from the drawing board of Archibald Knox and dating from circa 1905. Set with a central blister pearl drop and with a turquoise matrix lower drop, this pendant…
Ornately framed oil on canvas by the German born artist Dietz Edzard (1893-1963). This is an atmospheric half length portrait of an elegantly dressed young woman taking refreshment whilst seated on a verandah raised above…
Little cabinet vase from Loetz in opaque ‘Candia’ glass with a trefoil rim, further decorated with an applied Art Nouveau ‘Silberiris’ design in pure silver. Loetz collaborated with a company in the US known as…
Pewter flower dish from WMF with the original green cut glass removable liner. So Art Nouveau, with its flowing outline, featuring an openwork whiplash design framing leaves and berries of ivy. Originally electro-plated but most…
Tel: +44 (0)7802 872363
Gold and Mother-of-Pearl Brooch Pendant
9 ct. gold brooch pendant with a softened triangular outline, set with a striking mother-of-pearl plaque showing fine rippling and other strong markings.
At the foot is suspended a little baroque pearl caged in gold wire.
The sculpted and elegantly tapered bale simply sits out of sight behind the pendant should the wearer wish to use it as a brooch by temporarily removing the chain.
No marks but almost certainly English circa 1910, with the gold testing as 9 ct.
The length including the pearl drop is 4.5 cm with the necklace chain measuring approximately 41 cm.