Archibald Knox Gold Pendant for Liberty
Gold pendant with an openwork entrelac design from the drawing board of Archibald Knox and dating from circa 1905. Set with a central blister pearl drop and with a turquoise matrix lower drop, this pendant…
‘Lady on The Seine’ by Dietz Edzard*
Ornately framed oil on canvas by the German born artist Dietz Edzard (1893-1963). This is an atmospheric half length portrait of an elegantly dressed young woman taking refreshment whilst seated on a verandah raised above…
Loetz ‘Candia’ Vase with Silver Overlay
Little cabinet vase from Loetz in opaque ‘Candia’ glass with a trefoil rim, further decorated with an applied Art Nouveau ‘Silberiris’ design in pure silver. Loetz collaborated with a company in the US known as…
WMF Flower Dish
Pewter flower dish from WMF with the original green cut glass removable liner. So Art Nouveau, with its flowing outline, featuring an openwork whiplash design framing leaves and berries of ivy. Originally electro-plated but most…
Tel: +44 (0)7802 872363
Antique Bishop’s Ring*
Bishop’s ring in 18ct. gold featuring a large claw-set oval amethyst stone surrounded by an octagonal ring of old-cut diamonds.
Ornately crafted, as is the custom with rings of this sort, and richly decorated with fine scrollwork, the shoulders having a cross on one side and a chalice on the other.
Further decoration extends most of the way around the shank on all but the innermost surface.
Originally dating from circa 1860 but inscribed inside the shank with the date 10-4-32, presumably marking a later date when it was gifted.
The U.K. ring size is a little under ‘U’.
N.B. Bishops traditionally receive Episcopal rings such as these at a ceremony marking their consecration and wear them on the third finger of the right hand, signifying that they are wedded to the Church.